Pumpkins are loaded with fiber and vitamin A, and are very low in calories.
Don’t forget to clean, dry and roast the seeds for a healthy snack during the day.
Frighteningly Good Pumpkin Fish Chowder
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
• 2 carrots, shredded
• 2 cups pure coconut water
• 1 cup low fat coconut milk
• juice of 1 lime
• 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
• 1 pound cod, or firm white fish, cubed
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, for garnish
• toasted pepitas, for garnish
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add ginger, curry and carrots and continue cooking until carrots soften, about 5 minutes. Add coconut water, bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove saucepan from heat, add coconut milk, lime juice and pumpkin, and process with hand blender (or transfer to food processor) then return to burner and bring to boil again in saucepan. Add fish, bring to gentle boil, then turn off heat and let sit until fish is cooked, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into individual serving bowls, garnish with cilantro, sprinkle with pepitas, and serve warm.
Make It A Meal
CHC suggestion: This Recipe Provides a Complete Meal