This delicious Hash works as the perfect Thanksgiving side to poultry. Leftovers? Try the Frittata recipe in Step #3 for breakfast on Black Friday.
Black Friday Brussels Sprouts Hash Frittata
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 8 ounces shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
• 8 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
1. In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, unitl soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Add vinegar and syrup. Stir until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
2. Halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise, then slice into thin ribbons. In large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until just beginning to brown on edges, about 6 minutes. Add 1 cup water and continuing cooking, stirring occasionally, until water evaporates and sprouts are tender crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in shallots.
3. FOR FRITTATA: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add eggs to skillet with Brussels sprouts and cook, without stirring, until well set and mostly cooked, about 7 minutes. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until completely cooked and top is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Make It A Meal
CHC suggestion: This Recipe Makes a Complete Savory Breakfast