Olives contain monounsaturated fatty acids, often referred to as “good” fat.
When eaten in moderation, this fat is believed to help protect against heart disease.
Olive Tapenade-Topped Cod
• 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 cup large pitted green olives, chopped
• 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 4 6-ounce cod fillets (or other firm white fish)
1. In medium bowl, combine parsley, olives, almonds, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper and 2 tablespoons oil. Set aside.
2. In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Season fish with salt and pepper, then add to skillet and cook until golden brown and opaque, about 4 minutes per side. Serve warm topped with relish.
Make It A Meal
CHC suggestion: Serve on Bed of Parsnapple Mash (Wednesday’s Recipe of the Day)