This meal is loaded with anti-inflammatory nutrients and antioxidants.
The green dressing provides a striking presentation with the salmon.
Poached Salmon with Green Goddess Dressing
• 1 pound salmon fillets
• 8 ounces clam broth
• 1/3 cup pinot grigio (or other dry white wine)
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tablespoon chives, minced
• 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
• 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
• 3/4 cup fat free buttermilk or fat free sour cream
• 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup fresh herbs (eg. tarragon, parsley, mint, basil), chopped
• 3 scallions, chopped, green part only
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. In large skillet with cover, combine salmon fillets, clam broth, wine, bay leaf and chives. Bring to gentle boil then immediately reduce heat and bring to simmer. Cover and simmer until fillets are cooked, about 15 minutes.
2. Prepare dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide fish fillets among plates and top each with large dollop of dressing. Place any remaining dressing in serving bowl and serve with fish.
*NOTE: This dressing goes equally well over salads. To add more protein to a vegetarian meal, add 3-4 mashed anchovy fillets to the dressing. Just blend with the other ingredients.
Make It A Meal
CHC suggestion: Quinoa and Steamed Green Beans